Friday, January 9, 2009

Busy Week

I have started writing a couple posts when I have five minutes to sit down, but have not finished any of them. This past week we:
  • Went to a third birthday party for some of our favorite twin friends. It was at a little gym place with tumbling mats and a ball pit and the girls really got into it. They joined in all the little circle time games and sang along to the songs. They really know how birthday parties are supposed to go now.
  • Have been trying to find a loan and interest rates to make a second offer on a house.I may have to post separately about this later.
  • Endured a hellish trip to a very overcrowded Academy of Sciences where I almost got into fisticuffs with the mean parking attendant, the girls did not want to share with other kids in the play area, and did not eat more than 2 bites of a $20 lunch.
  • Wednesday David left and Katie and Carter had a marathon tantrum. The worst of their lives. After 35 minutes of having them scream in my ears while I was trying to calm them, I just started videotaping it. I may post it on here later if I can teach myself how. Toward the end of the tantrum they were screaming, “I don’t want to cry anymore, I just want to be good.”
  • Got a privilege taken away for the first time! They are earning back the right to wear their princess dresses.
  • Delivered cookies to a friend in the hospital who just had twins and two meals and pumpkin bread to a friend who just had her third- a singleton after twins. It feels good to do this for other people since it has been a while since I have been able to help anyone other than myself
  • Put away all the Christmas decorations and addressed the last of our holiday cards.
  • Cleaned the house and cooked and froze many meals.
No wonder I have not had time to post! David is gone through Sunday and I am out of practice taking care of everything by myself.

1 comment: