Wednesday, April 22, 2009

So It Begins

I heard and saw my daughters whispering and scheming to do naughty things behind my back today for the first time. Katie has been tiptoeing around the past two days and when I ask her what she's doing she has a guilty look across her face and tells me she can't tell me what she is doing and please can I leave the room.

One time she was biting little bites off of the remains of a baguette, the other time she was taking saltines one at a time. I could hear her crunching from the other room and could follow her trail of crumbs. Little devil.

Today they were peeling eggs on stools at the counter while I bought our plane tickets online. Then all of a sudden they both left the kitchen and disappeared for a while. When I called them down for lunch, they both came running down with very pleased, very guilty looks on their faces. I asked them what they had been doing and Katie whispered to Carter, "Carter you can't tell her- it's our secret." Carter said, "Mommy, I can't tell you, it's just our secret." I asked them again and they said they couldn't tell me. I saw chocolate all over their faces so I asked if they had chocolate and they both nodded their heads and Carter said, "Yes, we had chocolate up in our rooms and we hid the wrappers in our bookshelf so you wouldn't find them." They were both laughing and blushing and SO PLEASED with themselves.

Then there was a lot of audible whispering on Katie's part telling Carter what naughty scheme they should try next. When I told them I could hear them, they laughed so hard about it. Silly girls.

We are in for it now. Starting with secret scheming at age 3! The sweetest part is that they will keep each other's secrets. Loyal sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment