Saturday, April 18, 2009

Home Again

I woke up and made meatballs before I ate breakfast. I went to the grocery store and made stuffed shells. I watched my mother who had knee surgery yesterday bend down to pick up a microscopic princess shoe from the floor of the understairs closet. I packed all our stuff from our 10 day trip, took about 5,000 steps rounding up everything I could see and cleaning up what I could and then got in the car and drove 530 miles. One hour into the trip I stopped at Babies R Us and bought a baby shower gift, then wrapped it with my two kids still in the shopping cart and the dog waiting in the hot car with a frozen block of grass-fed beef and a half loaf of homemade pumpkin bread in the ice chest beneath him.

I listened to 1.5 books on CD and half a Giant's game. I ordered my child a cheeseburger happy meal at McDonalds with no meat, no onions, extra cheese in the cheeseburger. I almost fell in a ditch while trying to pick up after my dog at a gas station green patch. I looked pregnant in every window I passed. I got home, backed into my tiny garage while my eyes could barely focus after driving so long. I unloaded our stuff into the elevator (still boggles my mind that I possess an elevator).

I got my girls into bed and met their millionth demands of the day, "No mom- that water is icy cold and I wanted a sip of warm water before bed." I found the two invitations to the two parties we have tomorrow in two different piles of paper in our living room. I hit my shins on our new bed frame 3 times and pretended I did not notice that the curtain rod my husband installed in the girls' room is crooked and that there is an unidentified smell in the refrigerator. I did notice that we now have two couches and a futon in our living room at the moment. It is 12:20am and a new day. A different day from the one where I woke up and made meatballs before I ate breakfast.

Does anyone else in the world have days like this?

1 comment:

  1. Does it help to know that those meatballs were the best, most appreciated meatballs ever? Well, they were, and I love you for making them for me. xo

    ReplyDelete