Monday, March 30, 2009

For Good Reason

I have been tired and cranky and feeling a little sorry for myself as a result. I have had some very supportive voicemails from friends and my mother and mother in law flew in to help us as we packed and moved- something we haven't done for 4 years and never with kids. My friend just reminded me that I have good reason to feel tired. I am 16 weeks pregnant, have toddler twins and a dog, my husband has been traveling a lot for work and we just moved. I am exhausted just reading that! The girls have been having a tough time with the move. They understand it all, and seem okay with it in their words and descriptions, but they have been very quick to cry and scream lately- not at all like them. They also stopped napping every day and without a nap they are CRANKY! With a nap they stay up until 10:30pm!

So as usual we are crazed. But I am very grateful too. Grateful to have a new house, a bigger kitchen, a happy healthy family that is together. A baby on the way. A husband who loves his job even though it is a lot of work lately. Good friends who check up on me and offer to bring me dinner, supportive parents on both sides, without whom none of this would be possible. So, I haven't posted very often. I have been doing my best to get through each day without collapsing from fatigue. But I am working my way back.

Katie and Carter made lists today and presented them to me. I asked them what they said and Katie replied, "I knew the words as I was writing them but now I have forgotten what it says." But- it was squiggly lines in a list format. Not bad for a first list!

1 comment:

  1. I say take a nap with the girls every day - you're own 'quiet time'. Miss you guys so much.

    ReplyDelete